Saturday, July 21, 2007

Wade Bales Wine Festival

For the second consecutive year Wade Bales hosted a wine festival at Pezula Golf Club. Once again a bright and enthusiastic crowd arrived to sample some of SA's finest.
De Toren brought along the fine malts of Compass Box and some ellegant bourbons from Buffulo Trace including Blantons. There were a lot of pleasant rumblings over the ever popular Peat Monster and the odd mention of Oak Cross, I never actually managed to get over to the table for the standard swap of product as I ran into a few friends I had made the previous year.

I took along six malts, Tyrconnel and Connemara from Cooleys, Smokehead, Isle of Arran, The Six Isles vatted malt and a welcome return to Edradour 10.
Topping the list as most favourite was without a doubt Tyrconnel it is a full bodied rich yet elegant malt that will certainly become a Whisky of Note in the not to distant future.
The peat freaks loved the Smokehead and the Connemara and Edradour was very well received as was the Arran. There were the elite few that earned the right to a wee dram of Brora 23 which I had brought along for me personally and boy the delight in there eyes is why dramming is a sharing caring thing.

Thanks to all the friendly folk that came around and mentioned they were happy to see me back and here's to doing some more events down South.

No comments: